Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Zentalis,” “we” or “our”) respects your privacy and we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, share, or otherwise process, your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand our privacy practices when you visit and interact with us online, such as through our Website, email, mobile applications, and/or when you participate in our programs, services, or have other business interactions with us (collectively referred to as “Services”) that we reference within this Privacy Notice.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
The type of personal information we collect depends on the nature of your interactions with us and our Services. For example, we may collect:
- Contact Information: First and last name, address, telephone number, email address, and other contact information you choose to provide to us
- Demographic Information: Age, date of birth, location
- Professional Information: Professional affiliations, specialty, National Provider Information (NPI)
- Information collected through tracking technologies: IP address or other online identifiers
We may use this information to:
- Recruit for employment purposes
- Respond to questions on recruitment to our clinical trials or refer you to specific organizations that may provide information on how to participate in clinical trials
- Address questions related to products in development, or in market
- Deliver requested information on resources available related to the therapeutic areas or other medical or scientific areas that Zentalis provides
- Provide marketing information relating to products in development or as marketed by Zentalis, its affiliates or licensees
- To fulfill our obligations to you under an applicable contract or to conduct business with you
- To provide support-related activities, such as customer service
- Analyze use of our Website, or to enhance or develop new features for our website
- To send you promotional materials with your consent
Sensitive Personal information
In the course of offering our services, and with your explicit consent, we may also collect and process personal information that is of a sensitive nature, including, for example:
- Information related to your health and medical condition(s)
- Medical treatments, medications, and test results
- Information about your insurance
We may use this information, as necessary, to:
- Provide and manage clinical research opportunities, patient support programs and other Services
- Process and manage safety and quality concerns
- Conduct other legitimate business activities, as allowed by applicable law
We will only process Sensitive Personal Information when we have your express consent, or another legal basis.
Zentalis will also use your Personal Information when necessary to comply with applicable laws, respond to legitimate requests from government authorities, including authorities that may be outside of your country of residence, to protect or defend our legal interests, and, if necessary, to protect the safety of our employees and other stakeholders.
Other Information We Collect
When you visit or interact with us through our Website we may collect information that does not directly identify you but allows us to understand how you interact with our Website. This information may include information about the device and software you use to interact with us, such as your:
- IP address
- Web browser type
- Operating system version
- Device identifiers
We may use this information to:
- Optimize and personalize your interactions with our Website
- Operate and improve our Website
- Maintain and secure our Website
- Enforce our Terms of Service, or other legal rights
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Cookies, or similar technologies, may provide us the following information:
- The type of web browser software you use
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (including client and server IP addresses, usernames, ports, queries, or other status-related information)
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website
- The date and time you access our Website
- Which pages you have visited on our Website
In most cases we will not be able to identify you directly from the information we collect using these technologies. To prevent the potential for such identification, you may choose to disable cookies through your browser. However, if you do so, you may be unable to access or utilize certain parts of our website, or your experience may be altered.
How We Share Your Information
Zentalis may share your personal information to serve you, to consider your candidacy for a role at Zentalis, as required by law, to enforce our Terms, as applicable, in connection with a change to our corporate structure or with your permission. For example, we may share your information with our vendors, service providers and business partners, as needed, in order to provide you with information and services and to run our business. We comply with requirements imposed by law or legal process and therefore may share your information in response to requests by a court or government agencies or law enforcement.
Zentalis may also share your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so in order to address suspected or actual illegal activity, or to protect our company and employees against physical or financial harm or loss. In the event of a change to our corporate structure such as a merger or in connection with a sale of some or all of Zentalis’ assets, we may share your information with third parties involved in negotiating, facilitating or consummating such transactions. We may also share your information in anonymized, pseudonymized or aggregate format with third parties, with your permission where necessary.
When we share data with third-party service providers, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and for the limited reasons explained in this Privacy Notice. We also enter into agreements with these service providers to require them to protect your personal information appropriately.
How We Protect and Safeguard Your Information
Zentalis appreciates your trust in us with respect to your personal information. Although we cannot guarantee the security of activities, transmissions or communications conducted via the Internet, we have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your information collected and used as described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Retain Your Information
We will retain your personal information for the time-period required or allowed by applicable laws. Otherwise, we keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
How you can exercise your rights
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the personal information we have collected about you or to update or correct personal information that you have provided to us.
You may have the right to request access to, or deletion of, your personal information under state law (e.g., California). These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances. This means that we may be unable (e.g., due to legal requirements) or not obligated to satisfy your request.
In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identity before providing you access to or deleting your information such as a government-issued identification. Zentalis will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but we may not be able to provide you with services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information.
If you have provided permission to Zentalis to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent for such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Information for Site Visitors from Abroad
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We will only transfer your personal information where we have established a legal basis, but you should not use this Website, or our Services, if you do not want your personal information potentially transferred, or otherwise processed, in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you are located in the EEA, your Personal Data may be transferred to our affiliates or service providers in non-EEA countries that are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
Information Relating to Children
Zentalis will not knowingly collect information online from children younger than 13 and will promptly take steps to delete any such information if it becomes aware that it has been received. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that a child under 13 has provided Zentalis with personal information.
Zentalis may update or make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time, at our discretion. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and to review our most current Privacy Notice and applicable effective date.
If you have any questions relating to this Privacy Notice you may contact Zentalis via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 1359 Broadway, Suite 1710, New York, NY 10018, Attn: Privacy.
Copyright © Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All worldwide rights reserved.